Thursday, September 30, 2010

Agh! Ye found me treasure

This was supposed to be posted yesterday, but there I go forgetting to hit "publish post" again!

Argh!  There be treasure in me in-laws house!  LOL  We stopping by Travis' parents house and much to my surprise, she had 3 boxes of '70's treasure for me!  They were craft supplies from Travis' great-grand mother!  So the pack-rat that I am, of course I wanted them, but I had no room!  So off to work I went... 


I got this box for $5.00 at a yard sale a few weeks ago.  Yeah!  5 bucks!  It is solid wood throughout!  And no that is not gold leaf.  That is real brass inlay!  The top and front look hand carved, too!  I was planning on using it to replace an ugly plastic bin that I keep fabric in (in plain view-for lack of a better place.)  Well now I have real treasure to put in my treasure chest!  :)


What is in it so far isn't even half of what I got, but at least this much is better organized.  (Who knew that I could organize?  LOL)  I have tons of ribbon and lace;  A pile of zippers;  Handmade patterns;  Vintage store bought patterns;  A book of iron on transfers;  Many loose transfers/buttons/this and that's...  Even some unfinished projects.  The whole time I kept thinking, I wish I could have known this woman!  She passed away 5 years ago.  I remember going to her funeral with Travis a few months into our relationship.

I'm still going through the stuff and my MIL says she has much more for me!  Some of it I'll save.  Some I'll use.  Some of it I have no idea what I am going to do with.  (I never really was the type for lace.  Some pieces of lace look handmade, too.)  Maybe I'll find use for it, or pass it on.....

So if anyone remembers that my niece was supposed to have heart surgery on her 3rd birthday:  It has been postponed.  We will be celebrating her birthday this weekend.  I'll post pics Monday!  :)

3 comments:

Michele {The Scrap Shoppe} said...

Hi, ANKH! Stopping by to say that you are indeed a NOREPLY blogger. Curious that you sometimes get responses though...

And I have not heard about this embedded comment box issue. How dumb that the help uses them, too!! Hopefully Blogger will decided to address this soon.

Thanks for stopping by!


(And super cute treasure chest! You are too lucky getting free craft stash!)

Michele

ANKH said...

Fixed! Thanks for letting me know! :)

twobutterflies said...

Lucky you!!!

Like what you see? Let us know! :)