Friday, February 4, 2011

Week 5? What Happened?!

The theme this week applies to the garment as well as the missing week #4.

In case you are wondering.  My un-birthday went so-so.  But the week prior and week since has been hell!  (I’ll spare you the details.)

I would start this post off by showing you my “failed” Alice dress for week #4, but I only failed in time constraint.  However the dress itself is still on the right track and will be finished and presented later, so I don’t want to spoil the surprise!  But there will be a make up garment soon for the missed week #4.

Photo0807

So this week’s garment was actually not what I was planning on refashioning this week.  This one is less of a “refashion” and more of a “save from a landfill!”

Photo0799

My sis gave me a bag of clothes for fixing, refashioning, and some she just didn’t know what to do with.  One of the garments was a knitted top that had many popped stitches and large runs.  I wasn’t sure I could fix it, but I set to work….

Photo0811

I surprised myself with how well I did at recovering all the damage!  I thought it looked better with the belt than just thick and boxy like before.  Like my new earrings?  (It was a birthday present-so I still haven’t used ANY of the $260 USD budget!)

For those that have “liked” Henthorne Handmade on Facebook:  More gifts will be posted tomorrow!  Sorry for the delay!  The PC’s and handmade gift sign ups are still open!  Check previous posts &/or the “Discussions” area on our Facebook fan page!  Smile

2 comments:

Bubbles said...

Amazing talent since I wouldn't even know where to start with fixing holes etc... in a knitted garment like this.

ANKH said...

Believe it or not, it wasn't that hard...just really tedious. I used a pair of tweezers to pull the running stitches thru the stitch below. Starting at the bottom of the run and working my way all the way up. I just got lucky that there weren't any runs thru the cable stitches. I would not have known what to do at all then! (Not that I wouldn't have tried anyways. LOL)

Like what you see? Let us know! :)