Saturday, February 5, 2011

Handmade Earrings For My Sis

Let me start off by saying that I changed my mind about offering more gifts for the time being.  7 are yet to be claimed on our Facebook page, so I think that is a good number to stop at for now.

So anyways…

My sis gave me a ring that would fit my tragus because I my old ring wouldn’t work right since my surgery in spring 2010.  Since then, my hole closed, but I re-pierced it at my unbirthday party on January 29th, 2011.  (The day after my actual birthday.)  She gave me a replacement hood ring, too.  (Technically, they were a pair that I chose to separate since my tragus and hood wear the same size.)

Well, I agreed to trade her a handmade pair of earrings for the pair that she didn’t want from her new 6 set.  And here they are:

Photo0819

I had a hard time photographing them.  This pic really doesn’t do them any justice, but it was the best I could manage at night in my low light house.  (She actually gave me that polish in my birthday present, too.  I don’t paint my nails often, but I love the color!)

The earrings are glass and metal beads.  I really wish yall could see them better.  Sad smile

I am surprised at how much I love these!  I knew I wouldn’t finish them until I liked them, but I’m not usually a big fan of yellow.  Yet, I seem to be drawn to purple and yellow this year!  Odd me!  Smile

They weren’t made of recycled stuff like my sushi box to guitar pick earrings or my recycled glass bead earrings, but I think they were worth it.  The purple thing is a piece of a birthday card envelope glued on a piece of thin cardboard stuff that was folded over a sticker that I found.

I hope she likes them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Sis I love them!!!!
Thanks, you know I love yellow !!!

B said...

Those are adorable dangle earrings. Yellow is growing on me a lot lately too!

~ www.billiemonster.com ~

Like what you see? Let us know! :)