Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Project Intro and Sneak Peek

I wanted to post the introduction to this year’s major project sooner, but I’m off to a rough start due to being struck with the PLAGUE!  Everyone in our household is sick!  I’ve been struck with the worst of it.  Travis started having symptoms on the 4th.  And the fur-babies even have it!

But sickness or no sickness, I was determined to not launch this new project on a bad note!

I’m calling it my 52 Week Wardrobe.

In the 52 weeks of 2011, I will be replacing my wardrobe one refashioned outfit at a time.  I will even be making some shoes, purses, jewelry, and other accessories along the way as bonuses!  I am giving myself a total budget of $260 for the year.  (That comes out to $5 per week.  Yep!  That’s right…an entire outfit for $5!)  By the end of 2011, any remaining money in the budget will be donated to charity.  (The exact charity is to be voted on by you in December!)

Every Friday, I will be revealing the refashioned outfit of the week.  And look for bonus refashions throughout the remaining week days.

The first week’s theme:  Comfort the Sickies!

And here’s your sneak peek:

52 WEEK WARDROBE SNEAK PEEK FOR WEEK 1 - EYE MASK

Not much, yet.  Just an eye mask.  Come back Friday to see the rest and what it was refashioned from!  Smile

2 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

THIS is the most ambitious blog resolution I've seen yet! Count me in as cheering section.

ANKH said...

Thanks! I have some exciting things planned! And to add to the fun, I found a website about silly holidays that is sure to keep me inspired! LOL

Like what you see? Let us know! :)