Sunday, October 3, 2010

Buddy Walk 2010

OMG!  I am sooo tired!!!

Let's see how well I can post and make it sensical...um...make sense!  Wow!  I'm off to a rough start, huh!?!

The National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) and the Down Syndrome Association of the Lowcountry (DSAL) organized a Buddy Walk in Daniels Island today, and we finally got to go!  It seems like every year I find out too late or someone is in the hospital or something.  The day was perfect for it, too.  We finally got some Autumn weather.  There was an awesome cool breeze all day.  (Which is why my hair is a disaster in every picture!)  We got out there early enough that I was even able to get a T-shirt!  (I was worried they would be out of them.)  Travis didn't want his, so I got one in my sister's size, since she couldn't be there.  Next year, tho...We hope to have a whole team of people there!

Nine jump castles, shows, games, free food and drinks...What's not to love?  There were dancers and gymnasts;  including this Downs gymnast that was having a flippin' good time.  (Ok that was corny, but she was really good at flipping!  Even without hands!)


Even as much as I've learned about Downs with Brooke and Morgan, I'm still learning so much more!
I encourage you to check out the NDSS website to learn more about Down syndrome.  October is Down Syndrome Awareness Month!  Check out the Buddy Walk website to find a walk near you &/or find out how the funds raised from the walk is used.

I would love to see pictures/hear about your Buddy Walk!  :)

OK!  Sleepy-by now!  LOL

No comments:

Like what you see? Let us know! :)