Monday, October 18, 2010

Sentenced to the Chair

I finally got out of the house long enough to experience something!  I went fishin'!  How did I do this you ask?  Travis finally brought home my wheelchair!  It looks like it came straight out of an old, abandoned asylum.  It is as hard on my butt as sitting on a seat made of aggregated diamond nanorods!  But we can't afford to buy a new one.  (This one is a loaner which I am very grateful for.)


The day of fishing prevented me from meeting the deadline for a contest I so wanted to enter, but I wouldn't change a thing!


2 venues and tons of bites, but I was the only one to catch anything.  The funny part:  I caught it while trying to repair a borrowed fishing rod.  I didn't even know the line was in the water!  LOL


Other than this odd looking fella, I pulled in a small oyster clump that had the tiniest baby crabs that I have ever seen!  (Sorry it was too dark by then to take a picture of that.)  We also found a very nice Leatherman knife!  A nice replacement for my recently lost fixed blade Old Timer knife, but I miss my old one.  (It just has to be around here somewhere...) 

(A look at it near my hand to show size, but not too close as it had barbs and teeth!)

It was nice to get out, but I got real sick of the stares!  I'm a very private person that prefers to be nearly invisible.  Going out in the chair makes that difficult.  I am trying so hard to not be a tee-total b!+ch to these rude people, but I know the time is going to come when I make a ton of enemies in a single day!  *Sigh*

I didn't use my handmade fishing lures, because I forgot to put them in my toolbox.  Being saltwater fishing, I don't know if it would have been a good idea to use them anyways since salt makes metal rust really fast!

No comments:

Like what you see? Let us know! :)